§6.0 General information- Due to the fact that it is not always easily possible to prove unfair play on the internet punishments will be made even if things only look highly suspicious. However, if there is real proof punishments have more bad consequences for the player or team being punished.
- In spite of this anybody will be treated as innocent until guilt is proven or enough suspicions exist to rule out wrong decisions with enough confidence.
§6.1 Use of non-authorized programs
§6.1.1- Using map hack, multicommand hack, high resolution hack or any other program which gives a player an advantage, no matter of its dimension (they will all simply be called "hack" in the rest of this document) will always mean a league ban for this player and the deduction of points from his team's score. In addition to that all league games by this player will be counted as a loss, regardless of whether or not he used a hack in these games.
- If the player did not play any games in BWCL or if the hack was used in a game not related to BWCL a mild reduction of this punishment is possible.
Note: Programs only changing hotkeys but not giving the player any other advantage are not allowed, however, use will generally only be punished by a warning not to do it again.
§6.1.2- Using a hack in a BWCL game will result in an immediate, at least 4 seasons lasting ban for that user. His team will receive a penalty and can even be kicked from the league or will be denoted to a lower league.
§6.1.3- Any player not listed for BWCL using hacks will be not be allowed to play in BWCL games for 12 months. No penalties will result for a clan allowing that player to join as long as he is not listed on the BWCL team.
§6.1.4- Adding any banned player will be penalized as described in §6.1.1.
§6.2 Account Sharing
§6.2.1- Sharing a BWCL account with another player will result in the deduction points from each of the players' teams. Should only one clan be involved, these points are not added up for each player.
- Furthermore, all players involved will be banned from league play. All games played up to that point will be counted as lost.
§6.2.2- Should the involved players be in different teams playing in the same league, this penalty can be increased. The ban time is automatically increased. This is necessary to prevent very unfair advantages for some teams in a single league.
§6.3.1- Should any player observing give hints or information to a player playing in a game or even share vision with him, his team will be lose points. Additionally, the team gaining an advantage is punished with the deduction points.
- The observing player is to be kept exempt from observing BWCL games.
§6.3.2- The player who was given information or vision by the observer has to tell his opponent that this happen and leave the game immediately to prevent punishment. Should the observer not be on the players' team the game may be repeated if the BWCL staff decides this.
- Should the observer be on the same team the game will be counted as a win for the disadvantaged player immediately. Less points will be deducted in this case.
§6.4 Bugs / map bugs
§6.4.1- Exploiting any known and unknown bugs is not permitted under any circumstances. The game will be counted as a win for the bug-user's opponent immediately.
- We consider all logical mistakes bugs (flying templar, etc.) but also anything not possible in the original ladder mode. This includes allying your opponent for a short time to gain an advantage.
- lost for the Accidental use of any of these bugs is to be told the opponent immediately after pausing the game. Any unit in a position which would be impossible under normal circumstances may not be used for the rest of the game in any helpful way. This can be proven in a replay.
- It is allowed to place observers and other flying units directly on top of a turret.
- It is allowed to slide workers through blocked pathways..
- Destroying units by landing terran buildings when not using any hack as specified in §6.1.1 to accomplish this.
§6.5 Insults / flames
§6.5.1Flaming or insulting other players during in relations to a BWCL game may be punished:
- in mild cases with a warning
- in medium cases with a the loss of mannerpoints
- in severe cases with the penaltypoints and/or a ban of the player
§6.5.2- Flaming or insulting any member of the BWCL staff will be punished harder
§6.6 Wrong reporting
6.6.1- Intentional reporting of a false result will be punished with the lose ofmannerpoints and penaltypoints.
6.6.2Not reporting or confirming results will be punished:
- in small cases (2 matches) with the loss of 2 mannerpoints
- in severe cases (3 or more cases) with the loss of up to 4 mannerpoints and up to 2 penaltypoints.
- Use of a player who is not allowed to play on that playday is forbidden and will result in a Freewin for the other team and an additional Penalty
§6.7 Non-compliance with a league ban- The team is punished, the punishment will be decided on a case-to-case basis.
§6.8 Wrong interpretation of the BWCL Rules- Falsely interpreting the BWCL Rules to gain an advantage will be punished by the deduction points. Should this be the case to influence any decision of a BWCL staff member more points will be deducted. However, we think even trying this is ridiculous.
§6.9 Conclusion- The punishments listed here are obligatory for all cases listed.
- Should any player who is punished be cooperative and helpful to the BWCL staff in his case his punishment may be reduced.
- Cases worthy of punishment not listed here but but somewhat corresponding to a case listed will be punished by that rule. Other cases of rule-breaking will be decided on by the BWCL staff.
- This catalogue of punishments may be extended at any time. Notice will be given to players on the BWCL site and on the BWCL message board.