Zeige Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11

Thema: Rules

StarCraft: Brood War Benutzerbild von DonGeckone

Rules

Preamble

The following rules should be read in the context of fair play. The administration tries to provide the teams participating in BWCL with a working environment, but can not guarantee activity. It's the team's duty to do all neccessary to not stall the procedure of an ongoing war/clan league season. Furthermore, the spirit of the rules should be followed, rather than the wording. The administration is more interested in seeing all games played, rather than in clans trying their best to bend the rules in their favour, while trying to force their will over a clan. Consequently the most important rule is: Thou shall have fun and not spoil fun for others.

1. Version and Server
      1. The latest StarCraft Patch is needed
      2. All Clan League matches are played on the official European Battle.net Server
      3. The default Channel is BWCL-X, where X is the number of the Division the clan plays in (e.g. BWCL-2).
    2. Participants and General Rules
      1. The BWCL /broodwar.de Administration reserves the Right of Admission for each and every official BWCL match.
      2. By signing up for an BWCL match, players confirm that they have read and understood these Rules, and that they will abide by them.
      3. Only players that have been properly registered are allowed to play.
      4. Players must be members of a single Clan participating in the Clanleague; it is the Clan Leaders' duty to ensure that payers are not members of another Clan playing CL. 'Smurfing', shared Clan accounts or 'Double Clanning' will be punished.
      5. Players who are permanently banned from BWCL / broodwar.de must not organize their Clans using Third Party Pages. Only regularly listed Players are allowed to participate in the BWCL.
      6. In case of unforeseen problems, the BWCL Administration has to be contacted immediately.
      7. Cheating in any way or form is strictly prohibited and may result in the ban of an entire team for life time.
      8. Former hackers or cheaters are strictly banned from participation. Exceptions may apply on a case by case basis.
      9. Heavy flaming and trash talk are forbidden.
      10. Abusing of bugs is strictly forbidden. This includes Gas Walk and Flying Unit variations (if not fixed) and Observer over Turret. However, Hold Lurkers and Drilling via Mineral Slide with Minerals in vision is allowed.
    3. Matches
      1. All BWCL matches have to be payed on Speed Setting '7 — Fastest'.
      2. The default Turn Rate is 12. A lower Turn Rate must be used if the match is not playable otherwise.
      3. Third party observers are only allowed if both players agree.
      4. Official casters and streamers must be allowed into the game lobby.
      5. Replays of every match must be saved.
    4. Maps
      1. The official BWCL Map Pool has to be used. It can be downloaded here. (link)
      2. The first map of every set is chosen by the BWCL administration and is be displayed in the overview topic.
      3. The Maps for the second (and third, if any) match are chosen by the loser of the match just played.
      4. No map is allowed to be chosen twice, unless the opponent agrees
      5. Maps should be chosen from their respective folder (1n1 maps from 1n1, 2n2 maps from 2n2)
    5. Clan: Leaders and Players
      1. Every Clan has to nominate a leader who manages the team in the ongoing season. A second so-called trusted member can serve as second in command to help his leader.
      2. A player must have played at least 40 games in the ongoing ladder season (ranked and/or unranked games)
      3. Adding and removing players has to be informally announced in the Roster Topic.
      4. A new player can only play in a Clan War if he was added at least 48 hours before the Clan War is scheduled to start.
    6. BWCL Schedule and Mode
      1. Clan League matches take place once a week; the default time is Sunday, 17.00 CET.
      2. The time and channel for a Clan League match (or a single set) may be changed by mutual agreement of the Clan Leaders involved, as long as the War is played before the actual play day. In this case the BWCL administration has to be informed by posting in the Topic.
      3. Results of Clan Wars have to be posted in the according topic by the winning clan and confirmed by the losing clan. Failure to report within 48 hours after the Clan War will result in a walk over.
      4. A Clan War consists of three 1on1s and one 2on2.
      5. No player may play more than one 1on1.
      6. If the opponents team does not show up, a walk over may be requested by the team leader. If a team lacks players for single sets, a walk over for the set can be requested. Every walk over request should be posted in the according topic along with a Screenshot of the channel; include the /whois information for proof.
      7. A walk over can be requested if a team/player misses to show up 15 Minutes after the scheduled time.
      8. Single sets can be post poned if both teams agree. It is the duty of the teams to play out the missing sets within 48 hours after the scheduled war.
    7. Disconnects and Pausing
      1. If a disconnect occurs during the first two minutes of a Clan League match, the match must be repeated; players have to use the same race as in the disconnected match.
      2. If a disconnect occurs after the first two minutes of a Clan League match, players may agree who caused the disconnects and act accordingly; if the players cannot agree, a BWCL Admin must be notified, to decide on the issue.
      3. Every player may pause or unpause a Clan League match at any time, without giving a reason; complaints referring to pausing or unpausing a Clan League match are not accepted by the BWCL Administration. The administration advices both parties to follow the motto of fair play and not try to gain an advantage in these cases.
    8. Miscellaneous
      1. If two Clans finish a Clan League Season with the exact same number of points, the Clan who has won versus the other in the Season's Clan War receives the higher rank.
      2. Players are free to stream their own games.
      3. Relegations might be changed depending on the sign ups for the upcoming season.
      4. The clan league can be won if the Admins are presented with Artanis[Xp]'s dead and bloody corpse. Also, the Netherlands are not really a country, but should serve as Europe's very own waste disposal site.
      5. In case of unforeseeable and/or unforeseen circumstances, the BWCL Administration reserves a right to modify these Rules without justification or prior announcement.
    Geändert von DonGeckone (28. November 2017 um 16:36 Uhr)
    ABBA hören und Lindner wählen verdirbt die Seele:

Zitat Zitat von pinko-Reisender Beitrag anzeigen
    Ich hab z.B. in Elder-Scrolls-Titeln immer nen weiblichen Char gespielt. Kickt mich einfach mehr.

Community-Forum Benutzerbild von Benrath
    I am not happy with the minimum 40 games rule. I can understand that you want some prove of activity, but I dont think me and my teammates will be able to get that many games by november. We have played enough games before -_-

We just wanna play bwcl like in the old days.

Since it is not mentioned here, I will assume that the rule does not exist
    Geändert von Benrath (12. Oktober 2017 um 23:12 Uhr)
    "Wenn ihr nicht wisst wovon ihr redet, sprecht von einem System."

"Wenn jeder an sich denkt, ist an alle gedacht !"

"wollen wollen ist die höchste Form der Unterdrückung"

Zitat Zitat von Benrath Beitrag anzeigen
    I am not happy with the minimum 40 games rule. I can understand that you want some prove of activity, but I dont think me and my teammates will be able to get that many games by november. We have played enough games before -_-

We just wanna play bwcl like in the old days.

Since it is not mentioned here, I will assume that the rule does not exist
    Thanks for the clearification. The rule was added, since it was apparently lost due to a copy&paste mistake.

The rule will stay in place and it will not be open for discussion. To futher explain the issue: The logic behind the ruling is to ensure activity from the signed up players. We will not check every player's profile, but enough to be sure no team with almost no-playing players signs up.
    However, we do not need every player to have all 40 games played on the ladder (ranked games) under the account with the clan tag, as long as we can easily identify a player otherwise (e.g. the same nick without the clan tag exists). In rare cases the team leaders should be prepared to supply us with a list of 'smurfs' to show activity before the season starts.

Until no such case is brought up by us, the rule shouldn't cause too much headaches.

Ich hab z.B. in Elder-Scrolls-Titeln immer nen weiblichen Char gespielt. Kickt mich einfach mehr.

Benutzerbild von Scorn4
    If you play like two games a day from today on, you'll have 40 by the time the deadline ends.

Ladder does not work for me properly. I always get an error. I guess i cannot play in the first season it seems -_-
    Thx Blizzard.
    Warcraft 2.5
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-25
    a fast paced Broodwar/Warcraft2 style mod for Warcraft 3 TFT (without heroes)

http://zero.tauniverse.com/
    Total Annihilation Conversion with improved graphics, controls and an additional faction.

Zitat Zitat von TaShadan Beitrag anzeigen
    Ladder does not work for me properly. I always get an error. I guess i cannot play in the first season it seems -_-
    Thx Blizzard.
    Again: If we do not contact you, do not be worried. It seems the issue is blown out of proportion for now. If we find five players of your rosters with 40 games (or more), you will be fine. Not being mentioned that we receive the same kind of errors and take that into account.

Danke Merkel.

Good.
    By the way i suggest hosting a BWCL discord channel.
    There is no guarantee that bnet chat will work properly.
    Geändert von TaShadan (15. Oktober 2017 um 10:31 Uhr)
    Warcraft 2.5
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-25
    a fast paced Broodwar/Warcraft2 style mod for Warcraft 3 TFT (without heroes)

http://zero.tauniverse.com/
    Total Annihilation Conversion with improved graphics, controls and an additional faction.

Benutzerbild von Flexit
    So the old postponements rules are changed as well? pity :/

Benutzerbild von RedW4rr10r
    Regarding that 40 games rule. Maybe it's not the best rule considering how buggy current bnet is. When I'm in game with a friend and we check each other's stats, they are different. Additionally, at random times they even show 0-0-0. And my profile sometimes tells me a different story opposed to when I /stats myself. Oh, and not to forget that a lot of people get disconnects during a game.
    I'm not questioning your decisions but please keep that in mind when you check player's stats.

Zitat Zitat von RedW4rr10r Beitrag anzeigen
    Regarding that 40 games rule.
    You have my attention.

Maybe it's not the best rule considering how buggy current bnet is. When I'm in game with a friend and we check each other's stats, they are different. Additionally, at random times they even show 0-0-0. And my profile sometimes tells me a different story opposed to when I /stats myself. Oh, and not to forget that a lot of people get disconnects during a game.
    I lost my focus reading this.

I'm not questioning your decisions
    You better not.

but please keep that in mind when you check player's stats.
    I don't recall what you said, but so far no player has been rejected, banned or tortured. We don't plan doing it anywhere in the future based on Blizzard's masterpiece that is Battle.net bugs. Futhermore, when this rule was written, the stats were working for almost two days straight. In hindsight, we could have trusted Blizzard less. But we're optimists. Even though our English sounds like a typwriter wrapped in tinfoil being kicked down a staircase. We want people to play, not ban arbitrarily.

Please do not repeat the questions preamtively, especially since not one user got hit by the inquisition (our comfy chair is ours, not yours).

Benutzerbild von RedW4rr10r
    lol Gecko xD
    Well, even better that this hasn't been a thing at all then